Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2024.07.02 17:10

6473_Upward call of God

Views 85 Comment 0

1 Group 1 All.jpg

Spiritual Retreat for PGS

By Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb

Port Moresby, PNG -- The Spiritual Retreat for the Salesians had as its theme: Upward Call of God. The retreat was animated by spiritual master Fr. Ceferino Ledesma SDB. It was held at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby, from 23-28 June June 2024 and had 26 participants.

A multilingual man of rich experience and reflective insights, Fr. Cef, as he is lovingly called, took the participants through a series of well-prepared talks. What stood out was his spirituality, trust in God and his deep holiness. Each conference followed a theme that was Christ-centred, Salesian-oriented, and deeply human. Passages from scripture, documents of the church, Salesian writings and personal experiences were wonderfully crafted to lead each participant into reflection and prayer. “I have been able to go to the centre of my being, understand the depth of the love of God and grow in my knowledge and love for Don Bosco”, said Sr Juliet De Leon FMA.

The invitation to silence and reflection was loud and clear, and that challenged the participants to listen to the Word of God, look into themselves and rediscover their identity, vocation, mission, and the meaning of their life. It was wonderful to have several enjoy the solitude and the silence, and encounter God through reflection and prayer as they strolled along the corridors and the pathways around the center. Listening to God's word, purifying our hearts, and discerning God's will was the task of every participant, focused on returning to the outskirts and awakening the world through Gospel radicalism. The conferences on the vows of obedience, poverty and chastity were reminders that as we go through the crisis of our lives, we are building up the Kingdom of God. The Sacrament of Confession enabled us to make our peace with God. On the final day, we reflected on Mary and the Word, taking on human form in Christ and becoming the chosen ‘Shepherd’, with the smell of the sheep.

The vocation stories were enriching. The story of Fr Cef aged 11 years, ‘Go to Don Bosco’, and of the other Salesians were occasions to better know our confreres. The insights of Sr Jolanta Kosinska FMA on Sr Catherina Daghero FMA, 2nd Mother General was appreciated by the participants.

The Spiritual Retreat had the presence of ten gentle sisters. They were an inspiration and added a heavenly touch to our practices of piety. The well-decorated altar and the musical accompaniment for the liturgical celebrations were well coordinated.

“For me, this retreat was a profound time of gratitude, marking 25 years of experiencing God's unwavering faithfulness as a Daughter of Mary Help of Christians. Father Zephirino's retreat theme, "Upward Call into Christ," deeply resonated with me, urging me to venture inward and meet the Lord within the depths of my heart. It was a call to allow Christ's love to touch and heal the areas within me that need it the most”, said Sr Jolanta Kosinska, FMA.

Thanks to Fr Gregorio Bicomong sdb, Provincial, Fr Srimal Priyanga sdb, Economer, Fr Roger Miranda, Rector, and all who worked to make the retreat possible.

On 29 June, the Salesians celebrated the PGS Province Day. It was a day of gratitude to God, Fr. Provincial and the members of the province. Fr Shoji Mathew celebrated 25 years as a religious. The Salesians enjoyed the company of each other at the island resort of Loloata.

1 Adoration 1.jpg

1 Food.jpg

1 Fr Cef 2.jpg

1 Group 1 Salesians.jpg

1 Mass 1.jpg

1 Mass 3.jpg

1 Prayer.jpg

1 sesssion 1.jpg

1 Sisters devices 2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )