?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

KOR_20240701_01.jpg

"Keep dreaming, beautiful dreams!"

By Soccom Korea

Daejeon, Korea, 1 July 2024 -- "Let us all join hands and dream of eternal dreams...! Let us all join hands and dream of you and me...!" As the sweet yet powerful theme song rings out, a beautiful faith journey is underway, created with youth's ideas that are beyond our imagination. At the Salesian Educational Pastoral Center in Jeonglim-dong, Daejeon, for three days and two nights from the 28-30 June, 116 young people of both sexes (55 males and 61 females) enjoyed the Salesian Youth Days.

The Salesian Youth Days (SYD) is an intensive, multi-day celebration of faith led by young people who belong to the Salesian Youth movement (SYM), which is becoming increasingly effective as a new engine of Salesian youth ministry, and invites fellow young people who share their faith to come together. In Korea, the event has been jointly organized by SDB and FMA since 2011, and this is the fifth edition.

Young people from all over the country are participating in a variety of formation and spirituality programs that have been prepared by the administration staff for a long time. As they joyfully fellowship, listen to God's Word, internalize it, and share it with each other, they are excitedly experiencing a deep faith that is hard to find anywhere else. In line with the theme of this year's Youth Days, "The Dream that Makes Us Dream," the youth are going on a deep "vocation journey" to diagnose the dreams they are pursuing in their lives, identify the dreams God has for them, and reflect on whether they are in balance or harmony with these dreams.

True to its name, the entire process is organized by young people for young people. The young people involved in SYM have been preparing for this event for a long time. Starting with the overall planning of the event by forming an administration staff and a public relations team, the logo, theme song, and poster were selected and promoted, and all the preparatory processes, such as registration, location, and program, were completed by the youth. The team in charge of liturgy, chanting, and rhythm also meticulously planned and prepared the contents of the event, ensuring that the beautiful meeting would not be disturbed in the slightest.

"I thought if I were a character in Don Bosco's dream, who would I be? Maybe I would be one of those who were transformed from wolves to sheep! I wrote the song with the hope that we can all grow together as happy sheep in the Lord." This is what Hyunkyu Lee (Peter), who composed the theme song, "Let's Dream of You and Me," says.

Of course, there are nearly twenty SDB and FMA among the participants. However, their role is very limited, both in the preparatory process and during the event itself, with only sacramental interventions that allow the young people to take the initiative in creating a space for faith experiences and expressing the joy of encountering God to the best of their abilities.

"To say keep having beautiful dreams but not only beautiful dreams in sleeping when we rest. But these real dreams like Bosco had that put us in the desire and will to have a life of great quality of deep meaning. A life where God and the Lord Jesus fill your hearts and help you to be happy. Dream big, Dear young people. Above all, As I tell the youth of the world so many times, never leave and to take God and Jesus into your hearts." Cardinal Angel, the Rector Major, sent a video message to the young people participating in the Salesian Youth Days, encouraging them in their journey to fulfill their dreams.

This Youth Days event is also a preparation for the upcoming World Youth Days Seoul 2027, which will take place in the presence of the Pope. These young people, who have taken the initiative to organize the Youth Days and have increased their planning and execution skills as well as their faith journey, will surely play a leading role in inviting and welcoming young people from all over the world and accompanying them on the path of encountering Jesus. "I promise to come to Seoul to meet you in time for the World Youth Days. I think I will not resist visiting you in Seoul in 2027," promised Cardinal Angel.

Fr. Savio Seong Hayoon, who is accompanying the entire process of the Youth Days, expressed his expectations and hopes for the event, saying, "I expect that the 2024 Korean Salesian Youth Days will be a place of true vocation discernment where Korean Catholic youth can dream of becoming saints together."

KOR_20240701_02.jpg

KOR_20240701_03.jpg

KOR_20240701_04.jpg

KOR_20240701_05.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6475_WANTOK BOSCO - Embracing Dreams and Community Spirit

By Patrina Kaboanga and Aydan Parascos Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG 3 July 2024 -- The Wantok Bosco camp once again brought together nearly 200 engaged and lively participants from Don Bosco – parishes, schools, and institutions around P...
    Date2024.07.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views17 newfile
    Read More
  2. 6393_Become a Good Teacher by Understanding Students' Needs

By Asp Remigius Dagur Sumba - Indonesia, 29 April 2024 -- In this day and age, it is not easy for a teacher to understand the character of students in the world of education. This is because each student has a different character. This also...
    Date2024.04.29 CategoryINA Reply0 Views39 file
    Read More
  3. 6472_Salesian Youth Days 2024, the site of a deep faith journey

"Keep dreaming, beautiful dreams!" By Soccom Korea Daejeon, Korea, 1 July 2024 -- "Let us all join hands and dream of eternal dreams...! Let us all join hands and dream of you and me...!" As the sweet yet powerful theme song rings out, a be...
    Date2024.07.02 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views43 file
    Read More
  4. 6390_Salesian Cooperator General Assembly Japan

By Bernadette Eriko Sato, Provincial Coordinator ASC Tokyo, Japan, 28 April 2024 -- On 21 April 2024, the Salesian Cooperators in Japan Province held their General Assembly at the Salesian Seminary in Chofu, Tokyo. Around 40 members gathere...
    Date2024.04.29 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views47 file
    Read More
  5. 6394_FIS Salesian Cooperators launch Website

By FIS Social Communications Cebu, The Philippines, 29 April 2024 – The Salesian Cooperators of the Philippines South Province launched their new website on 28 April 2024. The website is designed not only to share updates and news of ...
    Date2024.04.29 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views47 file
    Read More
  6. 6406_Portable Computer Training Courses for local youth

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 7 May 2024 -- Basic computer skills are one of the requirements constantly demanded of today's youth in order to enter either educational fields or any other professions in our glo...
    Date2024.05.07 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views52 file
    Read More
  7. 6418_International meeting of Regional Social Communication Coordinators

Leading the way through Digital Transformation By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Online ZOOM, World - 17 May 2024 -- The Social Communications Councillor, Fr Gildásio Mendes, Fr Ricardo Campoli, Fr Harris Pakkam and Fr Maciej Matia Makula ...
    Date2024.05.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views52 file
    Read More
  8. 6469_FIS News - Youth Centers Come to Life at the iDBYC Sports League

By Bryle Fernandez Don Bosco Technical College - Cebu, 23 June 2024 - The Inter-Don Bosco Youth Center League was held last June 22 to 23, 2024, here. This is the 3rd iteration of DBYC and following an 8-year gap. It was organized by youth ...
    Date2024.06.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views52 file
    Read More
  9. 6388_Salesian Economers Gather for Annual Meeting, Focus on Sustainability and Asset Management

By CYM correspondence Cebu City, The Philippines, 26 April 2024 -- Economers from various Salesian institutions across the province gathered at Don Bosco Provincial House on April 23, 2024, for their annual meeting. The meeting focused on s...
    Date2024.04.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views55 file
    Read More
  10. 6395_Learning How to Learn

By Bryle Fernandez Cebu City, The Philippines, 29 April 2024 -- The youth of the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes had their TGIF formation on study habits last April 26, 2024, with the theme “Unlock your potential: study sma...
    Date2024.04.29 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views55 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 546 Next
/ 546