austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20151130_KOR.jpg

By Mr. Antony Lee, ASC

26 new Salesian Cooperators made their Promise last 29th, first Sunday of Advent at the Salesian Youth Center in Daejon.

The Salesian Cooperators are those who are working for the poor young following the spirit of Don Bosco within the world. Deep in the tradition of the Korean Church laity, it could be considered as the most adaptable Charism of Don Bosco in Korea. In reality, recently there are 20 to 40 new Salesian Cooperators who are making their Promise every year, ostensibly showing the big growth of the Association of the Salesian Cooperators.

At the start of Advent season every year, the whole member of the Cooperators are invited to join for a two-days retreat program. They have maintained for a long time their tradition, making the Promise of the new Cooperatore those who had been prepared at least for three years.

About 200 cooperators were gathered this time, where Fr. Simon Baek centered his lecture on the theme ‘Service begins in one's emptiness.’ With this, related various activities were done during the days and night. At the starting of the Mercy Jubilee Year, the members had decided to be the Lord's instrument in showing mercy, serving one's family, emptying oneself to serve their neighbors and parishes.

Rafael Choi, a new promised Salesian Cooperator said, “After the encounter with the late Fr. John Trisolini 23 years ago, I had attended the Dosim Association, but I wandered instead of making the Promise. Overcoming several trials, I have joined this retreat again and after making my Promise I felt something deep in my heart. Since the Lord has planted a humble small grass flower like me in this garden, I would do my best to give off the scent I could give in my own ways in this world I am living.”

The Promise celebration Mass was presided by the Provincial, Fr. Stefano Yang and in his homily stressed that they become Salesians willing to share, listen and help the difficulties of their neighbors, bearing in mind the words, ‘Don't ask for what you don't want others to ask you.’ He also encouraged the Cooperators to be the companion of the young outside of the Salesian Community and be a witness of God's Mercy.

On the other hand, there was a special greeting moment for the 36 members who are more than 25 years of Promised. Until now there was no particular celebration for those who have turned 25 or 50 years of the Promise, so they thought it would be better to introduce some moment to give thanks to the first generation. As there's no one who arrived 50 years, this year only celebrated for those who have passed 25years of the Promise. This practice would be repeated every year when new Promises are made.

The Korean Salesian Cooperators at present consist of 25 associations with 595 members who are sharing the love of Don Bosco in various ways like visiting the juvenile detention and other activities where the young requires help.

20151130_KOR1.jpg

20151130_KOR2.jpg

20151130_KOR3.jpg

20151130_KOR4.jpg

20151130_KOR5.jpg

20151130_KOR6.jpg

20151130_KOR7.jpg

20151130_KOR8.jpg

20151130_KOR9.jpg

20151130_KOR10.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5040(II)_"What a joy to see all the computers turned on!"

Korean Past Pupils and Salesian Brother's practical support to Sudan Salesian Vocational Training Centres By Bro. Marino Bois, SDB Seoul, Korea, 18 March 2019 -- As has been the case in other years, past pupils from the Don Bosco Centre in ...
    Date2019.03.18 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1700 file
    Read More
  2. 3822(II)_The bicentennial fruit, a flowering proud of Salesian Cooperators

By Mr. Antony Lee, ASC 26 new Salesian Cooperators made their Promise last 29th, first Sunday of Advent at the Salesian Youth Center in Daejon. The Salesian Cooperators are those who are working for the poor young following the spirit of Do...
    Date2015.12.01 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1701 file
    Read More
  3. 4172_Second Visit of the Rector Major to Our Region in 2016

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB EAO, 21 October 2016 -- Seven months after his visit to EAO region in February - March 2016 (Cambodia, Laos, Philippines), the 10th successor of Don Bosco is coming again for a pastoral visit to Mongolia delegatio...
    Date2016.10.21 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1702 file
    Read More
  4. 3874_The sharing of our journey in the Spirit

Good Night Talk given by Sr. Teresia Furuki By Sr. Teresia Furuki Ryoko, SCG Caritas Sisters of Jesus (SCG) Superior General Rome, Italy, 16 January 2016 - The third day of the 34th Salesian Family Spirituality Days in Rome is characterized...
    Date2016.01.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1704 file
    Read More
  5. 3686(I)_Indonesia missionary ordained in Belgium

By Fr. Lino Belo, SDB Gent, Belgium - On June 27 was ordained in Gent, Belgium Fr. Andreas Jebarus, an Indonesian Salesian missionary, born 33 years ago in Flores Island, Ruteng. In 2009 he was sent by the Rector major to BEN province, spen...
    Date2015.07.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1705 file
    Read More
  6. 4512_What can the Don Bosco Alumni contribute to the Salesian Family?

Blessed Albert Marvelli - model for everyday holiness (October 5) By Our Own Correspondent EXDB, 4 October 2017 -- Blessed Albert Marvelli was a young man in love with life, with people and with God, always in the midst of youngsters, the p...
    Date2017.10.04 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1705 file
    Read More
  7. 4719(I)_“It is not enough to love the young, they must know that they are loved”

The Rise of the Junior Bosconian Clubhouse By Mrs. Lise Marie Schmidt Auckland, New Zealand, 1 May 2018 -- In the heart of every new mission there is always a dream that guides the soul and purpose of its existence. With great hope to see i...
    Date2018.05.07 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1706 file
    Read More
  8. 4501(I)_The Hurricane No. 10 Brought Severe Damage to Don Bosco Ky Anh Techinical Training Center

By Fr. Trong Nhan, SDB Ky Anh, Vietnam, 17 September 2017 -- Exactly as the weather forecast, the hurricance No. 10 was the stronghest hurricanes during the last ten years. It hit to the middle of Viet Nam around 10am September 17 and cause...
    Date2017.09.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1707 file
    Read More
  9. 3805(I)_Witness of joyful life

By Fr. Peter Kim, SDB Seoul, Korea. November 14, 2015 - EAO regional meeting of the missionary animation delegates (Nov 10-13) in Seoul according Fr. Guillermo Basanes was a very successful encounter and brought many fruits. The focus and z...
    Date2015.11.16 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1710 file
    Read More
  10. 5780(II)_Pakistan has its first Salesian Cooperators

By Piero Ramello SDB Lahore, Pakistan, 1 March 2022 -- On 26 February in Lahore, Fr Gabriel Cruz, Provincial Delegate for Pakistan, accepted the promise of the first three Salesian Cooperators during the Holy Mass celebrated by the Rector, ...
    Date2022.03.01 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1710 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 545 Next
/ 545