Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

GIA_20231005_01.jpg

By Mr. Kentaro Kikuchi,
Volunteer of Seibo Japan,
Yokohama Salesian Junior and Senior High School Past Pupil

Yokohama, Japan, 5 October 2023 -- As a Volunteer staff member of NPO Seibo, I would like to share one of our activities for our long-term goal, "School Lunch for Every Hungry Child", by selling coffee at the cultural festival of my alma mater, Salesian Junior and Senior High School in Yokohama Japan.

Before I begin, let me tell you why our organization was able to sell coffee at the Salesian school. I and a few of my classmates were part of a small volunteer group during our time at the school. We wanted to raise money for charity through coffee sales, and that was when we came across a NPO Seibo. The activities we started with Seibo have been passed on to younger students, and donations are still being made to support school lunches in Malawi, Africa. At this year's festival, many people bought coffee and we were able to collect donations equivalent to about 8,000 school lunches in Malawi.

One of the educational policies of Salesian Junior and Senior High School is "Assistenza," the spirit of Don Giovanni Bosco, which is to walk together with young people. I am still a university student, so I am still a young person in terms of age, but visiting my alma mater as a staff member of an NPO and working with the students on charity activities made me feel the importance of this spirit once again.

By having not only teachers and Salesian priest and brothers, but also Alumni and outside NPOs walk alongside and support the young people, we can provide them with a richer social experience and focus their attention on those in need, especially those in society who are on the border between children and adults. In the future, I hope to visit not only my alma mater but also more high schools and universities to engage with young people in the spirit of assistenza and to show them the importance of charity and social business through coffee sales.

GIA_20231005_02.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5865(I)_FIN Held Online Assembly for Salesian Mission Day 2022

By CSCom News Service Via Google Meet, FIN Province, September 11, 2022 -- To gear up for the Province celebration of Salesian Mission Day (SMD) 2022, the Commission on Missions Animation and the Commission on Social Communication organized...
    Date2022.09.12 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views398 file
    Read More
  2. 5965(II)_Formation Course for Brothers in time of Practical Training

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 2 April 2023 -- The Vietnam Formation Department organized a training program for 20 confreres serving as practical trainees in various Salesian Communities of VietNam, from 27-30 March 2023 at the Franciscan Mona...
    Date2023.04.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views398 file
    Read More
  3. 6034_FIN Incoming Novices arrive at Lawaan, Cebu

By Pre-novice Matthew Espino Lawaan, Cebu, Philippines, 10 August 2023 -- Last August 5, 2023, Saturday, the incoming novices of the Philippines North Province left Canlubang for Cebu to begin the next level of their initial formation, the ...
    Date2023.08.10 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views399 file
    Read More
  4. 5421(III)_Creative missionary sharing from Ecuador's Amazon

ALA_5421 EAO missionary animation desk 15 July 2020 -- The most effective missionary animation starts from personal missionary experience sharing by the missionary himself. We are accustomed to give them an opportunity to talk during their...
    Date2020.07.15 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views400 file
    Read More
  5. 5944(II)_The Challenge to Become Yeast in Japanese Society

By Cl. Kenji Lorenzo Ruiz Hasegawa, SDB Chofu, Tokyo, Japan, 12 February 2023 -- In mid-January of this year, the whole Salesian world celebrated the Spirituality Days with this year’s Strenna of the Rector Major: As the Yeast in Toda...
    Date2023.02.12 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views401 file
    Read More
  6. 5974(II)_English-speaking Salesian Family Delegates meet in Turin

By Br. Clarence Watts SDB (AFM) Colle Don Bosco, Turin, Italy, 24 April 2023 -- On Friday 14 April, the Salesian Family Delegates [31 in total] from the English-speaking provinces gathered at Colle Don Bosco to begin their course on various...
    Date2023.04.24 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views401 file
    Read More
  7. 5836_Thai Salesian Cooperators: Spiritual Recollection And Annual General Meeting

Follow Me By THA ASC Hua Hin, Thailand, 20 July 2022 -- From 14-16 July 2022, the 70 members of the Salesian Cooperators of Thailand participated in the spiritual recollection and the annual general meeting under the theme "Follow Me". Fr. ...
    Date2022.07.20 Reply0 Views402 file
    Read More
  8. 5866(I)_Catastrophic Pakistan Floods 2022 and Salesians

Lahore, Pakistan, 12 September 2022 -- During the last 3 months Pakistan has been hit by a twofold natural disaster: Himalayan glaciers melting and the worst flood from rains in recorded memory. On August 30 according to officials, some one...
    Date2022.09.13 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views402 file
    Read More
  9. 5939(III)_With Pope Francis praying and appealing for peace in Myanmar

Adapted from FIDES Agency MYM, 2 February 2023 -- There is a ghostly silence in the cities, villages and countryside of Myanmar today (February 1, 2023). Large parts of the civilian population, religious communities, associations, companies...
    Date2023.02.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views402 file
    Read More
  10. 5907(III)_Thanksgiving Mass for the gift of St. Artemides Zatti

By A.Maung Maung,SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 12 December 2022 --The Vice-Province of Myanmar celebrated holy mass on December 10, 2022, at the Shrine of MHC, in order to thank the Good Lord for the canonization of St. Artemides Zatti. The mass, ...
    Date2022.12.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views403 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 548 Next
/ 548