?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 754 Comment 0

20220205_PGS-(1).jpg

By Cl. Joel Attisso, SDB

Vunabosco, Rabaul, PNG, 31 January 2022: Celebrating the Solemnity of St. John Bosco, Don Bosco Technical Secondary School (DBTSS), Rabaul opened its doors to the new academic year 2022.

The day began with the Eucharistic celebration in honor of Saint John Bosco, Father and Teacher of Youth, with a Thanksgiving Eucharistic celebration celebrated by Fr. Moïse Paluku, Rector and Fr. Juna. Present for the celebration were the Salesian Sisters, teachers, and a few boarding students who made it early to school, excited to begin the new school year.

Fr. Rector welcomed them all to the celebration and said, “It is with great joy and great hope that we start this new school year 2022 on January 31, Feast of Saint John Bosco, Father and Teacher of Youth. The holiday season is over, and now it's back to school, back to study, back to seriousness, back to work. We are here, to prepare for our future. The best way to prepare for the future is to choose the best thing every day. As the motto of our school says “Meliora Eligo” which means: I chose the better things. We do this by listening attentively to our parents, our teachers and especially through our personal relationship with Jesus and with Saint John Bosco. We pray specially to Saint John Bosco that he may intercede for us. He is our Friend, our Father and our Teacher.”

The students, expressed his joy and enthusiasm for the new year 2022. “It is a great joy for me to return to school as a Bosconian to continue my studies and prepare for my future,” said Pika Petrus, grade 12 student. "It's the family spirit that reigns at Don Bosco Technical Secondary School that invited me to come and study here, I'm happy to be here. I wish everyone a good school year,” said Norman Lonmgal, grade 11 student.

In the evening at 6pm, under the pouring rain, Archbishop Rochus Tatamai, Archbishop of Rabaul, blessed the boarders and the new dormitory buildings, in the presence of the Salesian family, several guests, and young people from the Boarding House.

A fraternal meal was then shared with all the guests. A variety of songs, dances and skits in honor of Saint John Bosco, then followed. Joy and happiness were written on the faces of every person. The evening ended with the word of thanks and a good night, given by Fr. Moïse. He thanked Fr. Caspar Charles, former Rector and Fr. Valeriano Barbero who was the contractor and supervised the construction with the boys. He invited the participants to use the dormitory and the facilities in the building conducive for their learning.

Archbishop Tatamai thanked the Salesians for their dedicated presence in the Archdiocese of Rabaul, and for the new dormitories built for young people. He encouraged the Salesian community to go forward in the mission with their eyes fixed on Christ.

Thanks to God and all those who attended this beautiful celebration of the feast of St John Bosco. Through his intercession, may we bear fruit in our various missions and responsibilities. Amen!

20220205_PGS-(2).jpg

20220205_PGS-(3).jpg

20220205_PGS-(4).jpg

20220205_PGS-(5).jpg

20220205_PGS-(6).jpg

20220205_PGS-(7).jpg

20220205_PGS-(8).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5310(I)_The 12th General Chapter of The SIHM (Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary) in Thailand

ALA_5310 "SIHM: THE LIVING MESSAGE OF THE MISSION OF LOVE AND SERVICE IN THE MIDST OF THE PRESENT WORLD” By SIHM SC Ratchaburi, Thailand, 4 February 2020 -- From 1-5 February 2020, The Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary held t...
    Date2020.02.05 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views753 file
    Read More
  2. 5264(II)_Planning Workshop: North Vietnam Delegation

ALA_5264 Encouraged by Salesian Bishop of Thai Binh By North Vietnam Delegation Thai Binh, Diocesan Center, Vietnam, 1 December 2019 --On the morning of 25 November 2019, the North Vietnam Delegation began its 3 day workshop at Thai Binh Di...
    Date2019.12.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views753 file
    Read More
  3. 4894(I)_Salesian mission continues with renewed energy

China Province By Fr Rhomel Mendoza, SDB Provincial Secretary Hong Kong, 26 October 2018 -- More than 50 SDB confreres, young people and Lay Mission Partners gathered at the Salesian Missionary House, Shau Kei Wan, for the quarterly meeting...
    Date2018.10.27 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views753 file
    Read More
  4. 4080(II)_Extraordinary visitation of Myanmar Viceprovince started

By Our Own Correspondent Mandalay, Myanmar, 24 July 2016 -- With the arrival of our EAO regional started the extraordinary visitation of our Vice-province in the heart of Myanmar, the royal city of Mandalay. At the arrival he was received b...
    Date2016.07.25 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views753 file
    Read More
  5. 5828(I)_Confrere and Scholar, Fr. Norman Ford SDB has passed away

By Australia-Pacific Province Melbourne, Australia, 3 July 2022 -- Our brother and friend, Fr. Norman Ford SDB, passed away peacefully at Mercy Place in East Melbourne on 25 June, at 8:00 am. Fr. 'Norm' was 87 years of age. He was a...
    Date2022.07.02 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  6. 4447(I)_Don't let your batteries control you!

Article on the Formation Talk on Social Media By Emma Schmidt, DBTI Student Port Moresby, PNG, 22 July 2017 -- We are living in the world of technology and it is here to stay! Fr. Ambrose Pereira SDB, addressed the members of the Mary Our H...
    Date2017.07.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  7. 4350(I)_EAO Regional Congress 2017 (3) Singapore report

By Mr. Lester John Wan, ASC Singapore, 16 April 2017 -- Among the 220 participants of the 9th EAO Regional Congress of Salesian Cooperators (Tokyo, May 7-10) is also one lonely member resident in Singapore. We share this frank and future op...
    Date2017.04.17 CategoryASC Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  8. 4328_The Team Visit follow up - EAO Provincial meeting 2017

Harvesting the 2017 EAO Team Visit Fruits By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 11 March 2017 -- The Day 5 (March 11) of the Hua Hin 'EAO Salesian Pentecost' was marked also by full day EAO Provincials meeting, attended by all 11 EAO ...
    Date2017.03.16 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  9. 5772(I)_Get to know the Salesian Secular Consecration (CDB)

Salesian world, 5 February 2022 -- There are 32 groups within the large Salesian Family of Don Bosco, and 5 of them are 'secular institutes'. The members of these 'Secular Institutes' by nature, with their 'reserve' ...
    Date2022.02.06 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views751 file
    Read More
  10. 5743(II)_Mass for Blessed Philip Rinaldi – Giving Cassocks and Ministries of Lector and Acolyte

Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, The VIE Theologate Community By Augustine DoPhuc,SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 6 December 2021 -- At 5:30 am on 04 December 2021, at Philip Rinaldi Xuan Hiep Community (Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City), a Mass took place to ...
    Date2021.12.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views751 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 545 Next
/ 545