?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1747 Comment 1

20151004_EAO.jpg

By Cl. Anthony Pun, SDB

If we consider the EAO region to be the furthest region from the Pisana, Rome, perhaps the four of us stay in a distance nearest to the headquarter, and yet we may be easily forgotten by confreres in EAO.

Who are we? And where are we?

We know that for Salesians, who are doing their further studies in UPS, live with the communities in the campus. As for those who are in their specific formation, studying theology in preparation for their priesthood, they stay in Gerini community of Bl. Zeffirino Namuncurà. In the year 2015-16, among the 47 confreres coming from different corners of the world, there are 1 formator and 3 formatees from EAO:

Fr. Nguyen Ngoc Vinh Joseph, Vietnamese, has been staying in Rome for 11 years. Besides being the formator in Gerini, he is doing his doctorate in Holy Scripture in Pontifical Biblical Institute.

“Hi, I am Lou San. I come from Hong Kong, the China Province. I just made my perpetual profession last summer, and now, I am beginning my third year of theology.”

“My name is Cesar J. da Costa, born on April 22, 1988, in a village in East Timor, Baucau. I began to receive Salesian Education when I was 12. Inspired by the examples of Salesian missionaries, I was attracted to Salesian life and made my first profession in 2008. In the coming year, I shall begin my second year of theology.

I am happy to be here in Gerini because I get to know confreres from different countries and their cultures. I would like to take this opportunity to send my greetings to all confreres in EAO, and we are always united in prayer.”

“Hi, I am Anthony Pun, coming from Hong Kong, China, as well. I am a new arrival to Rome. Before starting my theological studies in UPS, I am now learning the language.”

On 28/9 – 1/10, our community had a 4-day program in Pacognano, near to Napoli. In the light of the Jubilee year of the Mercy, proclaimed by Pope Francis, we planned our community project in 4 dimensions: human/ fraternal, spiritual/ liturgical, intellectual/ cultural and pastoral.

May the Jubilee year be a fruitful year to come, and we hope to share more news with you in the near future! Let’s keep each other in our prayers!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2015.10.04 23:31

dear friends from Gerini!

thanks for your sharing. cl. Pun broke the record of silence... hope the Gerini 

and UPS story will continue - you can challenge the folks from the UPS Don Bosco and Michael Rua communities... 

from Jakarta with love and prayer fr vaclav

1. 3918(I)_Caravario honored in Dili

By Fr. John Laba, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 26 February 2016 - One day after the Feast of Salesian Martyrs Versiglia-Caravario, this year’s celebration in East Timor focused on St. Callixtus, being our ITM Patron. Salesians arrived on the 26 P...
    Date2016.02.27 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1739 file
    Read More
  2. 4862(II)_Remembering Fr. Dino

The community of Baucau prayed for the Eternal Rest of Fr. Dino By FR. Joao da Costa Boavida, SDB Baucau, Timor-Leste, 25 September 2018 -- In the afternoon of the 25th of September, the Salesians of Don Bosco of Baucau Community, Salesian ...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1739 file
    Read More
  3. 3839(I)_Recognition Day and Christmas Get-together at DBTI

By Fr. Stefano Yu, SDB Honiara, Solomon Islands, December 12, 2015 - Saturday saw Don Bosco Technical Institute-Henderson all set for closing of the academic year, but with great excitement. The day began with Carol Singing Competition with...
    Date2015.12.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1741 file
    Read More
  4. 5614(I)_First ADMA website in EAO region: Japan and beyond

By our own correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 20 May 2021 -- The novena to Mary Help of Christians in pandemic times brings a lot of uplifting and inspiring gifts. Under the guidance of the Rector Major the whole Salesian Family is again connected...
    Date2021.05.20 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1743 file
    Read More
  5. 5154_Don Bosco's Rooms in Rome

Great guide for 5000 pilgrims - Brother Cosimo By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Italy, 30 July 2019 -- There are four main holy places of Don Bosco - three in Piedmont (Valdocco, Chieri and Becchi-Colle Don Bosco) and one in Rome (Sacro Cuore...
    Date2019.07.30 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1744 file
    Read More
  6. 5348(II)_Help us to become real mission partners

ALA_5348 Interview with GC28 invited observer - Ms. Phyllis Tang By Ms. Phyllis Tang Youth Ministry Office, China Province, Hong Kong , 30 March 2020 -- This is Phyllis from Hong Kong. I was longing to join the General Chapter not mainly to...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1745 file
    Read More
  7. 3757(II)_Greetings from Gerini, Rome

By Cl. Anthony Pun, SDB If we consider the EAO region to be the furthest region from the Pisana, Rome, perhaps the four of us stay in a distance nearest to the headquarter, and yet we may be easily forgotten by confreres in EAO. Who are we?...
    Date2015.10.04 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1747 file
    Read More
  8. 3711(I)_Youth Encounter of the district of Maliana

By Fr. Joao Roque SDB Maliana, East Timor, August 16, 2015 - The technical school of Don Bosco Maumali – Maliana was started in 2014. Presently we have 59 students 28 are in year 11 and 31 are in year 10. There are four salesians assign in ...
    Date2015.08.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1748 file
    Read More
  9. 3805(II)_Social Communication Delegates’ Meeting held in Chofu-Tokyo

By Bro. Ephrem Santos, SDB Chofu-Tokyo, Japan. Nov 15, 2015 - The 10 Provincial Delegates for Social Communication of the East Asia Oceania Region heads home after four days of discussions, reflection and consensus on matters related to car...
    Date2015.11.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1749 file
    Read More
  10. 4522_ Wake up the world and enlighten the future - Salesian Vocation and Mission within the Project of Pope Francis

Rector Major emeritus preaching the spiritual retreat for the Salesian family of Japan By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Provincial GIA Tokyo, Japan, 15 October 2017 -- For the first time after the GC27 the Rector Major emeritus Fr. Pascual Chav...
    Date2017.10.17 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1749 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 546 Next
/ 546