austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210417_FIN-(0).jpg

By Maria Patricia Prahinog

Parañaque City, the Philippines, April 11, 2021 -- Mercy Sunday: presided by our very own Archbishop Francesco Panfilo, SDB, and I was one of the privileged people who had the opportunity to witness and be present physically on that day since up until today, we still struggle as a community to have religious gatherings following the policies of our local government due to the rising cases of COVID-19 in the country. I personally felt the grace and mercy of the Lord flowed into me as it was also the Divine Mercy Sunday.

The Gospel of that day talks about how Jesus visited His disciples; bringing peace to them and how to believe even without seeing. Archbishop’s homily was at the same time meaningful as he gave it a title of “unlocking our doors to receive the mercy of God. As we just opened the jubilee door we are also the same as the disciples who were at that time ashamed seeing the risen Christ and giving peace to each one of them as a sign of forgiveness which is also the first sign of absolution. The risen Lord is unlocking the hearts of His failed disciples and giving them the gift of peace.”

These first lines of his homily really struck me as we can receive the plenary indulgence as we enter the Holy door under the grace of the Lord. We have been blessed to have it in our parish as if the Lord is telling me to go back to His grace as I am forgiven and loved by Him.

The National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians was chosen as one of the pilgrim churches for the year of St. Joseph at the same time is also a Jubilee church in the Diocese of Parañaque as part of the 500 Years of Christianity in the country.

It was indeed a great blessing and opportunity especially to us the youth of the parish because we will experience this as once in a lifetime event. We might never know when will be the next time we could be chosen as a jubilee church. Also as we know not many Filipino people knew about this title of Mary, and this is one way of evangelizing and spreading the devotion to Mary Help of Christians. We can have this as an opportunity to let the people know how Mary as a help of Christians be a good intercessor not only in our struggles and trial but also in our daily lives.

20210417_FIN-(1).jpg

20210417_FIN-(2).jpg

20210417_FIN-(3).jpg

20210417_FIN-(4).jpg

20210417_FIN-(5).jpg

20210417_FIN-(6).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4393_Dynamic Youth of Samoa is looking for more Salesians!

Young Delegation of the Pacific welcomes more EAO missionaries By Cl. Kevin Fiame Sailele, SDB Apia-Alafua, Samoa, 30 May 2017 -- As every year, also in 2017 the tiny islands of Samoa in the center of the Pacific celebrates on June 1st the ...
    Date2017.05.30 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views776 file
    Read More
  2. 5479(I)_EAO Salesian Cooperators welcome their new World Delegate with Laudato Si sharing

ALA_5479 By our own correspondent ASC EAO Region, 4 October 2020 -- For the first time in history, the EAO Region Salesian Cooperators and their delegates met online on 3 October 2020 for two hours. Mr Philip Yu, World Councillor for the E...
    Date2020.10.05 CategoryASC Reply1 Views776 file
    Read More
  3. 5649(I)_Your mask protects me

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 15 July 2021 -- COVID-19 has brought with it a virus that has caused worldwide destruction and death. The discovery of the vaccine and its rollout in Papua New Guinea has not been accepted in t...
    Date2021.07.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views776 file
    Read More
  4. 5282(II)_Young Vietnamese Workers in Japan are hungry for spiritual things

ALA_5282 Meeting Jesus in the young Vietnamese migrants in Japan By Fr. Michael Lap, Vice Provincial Japan Nagasaki, Japan, 23 December 2019 -- The whole family of Jesus experiences the same destiny as millions of migrants or refugees do al...
    Date2019.12.26 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views777 file
    Read More
  5. 5794(II)_Women of DBTI honoured

By Jos Sengi and Nerissa Liliai Walaun Writers and Media Club, DBTI East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG 10 April 2022 -- The men of the Don Bosco Technological community were all game to make the women feel special as part of International Women&...
    Date2022.04.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views777 file
    Read More
  6. 3947_Marathon for the missions, third edition

By Br. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea, March 20, 2016 - Thinking of Mongolia, most people would immediately imagine the horses running freely on the wide lawn with the past glory of Genghis Khan who conquered the world with the Mongol horsem...
    Date2016.03.21 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views778 file
    Read More
  7. 4665(I)_United together with Love - Celebration in the North East of Thailand

60th Anniversary Don Bosco School Udonthani By Fr. Thomas Smith, SDB Udon Thani, Thailand, 10 March 2018 -- Don Bosco Vittaya School in Udon Thani, Thailand has been continuing to instill knowledge in the individual, adhering to the educati...
    Date2018.03.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views779 file
    Read More
  8. 5296_Mongolia Salesian family is growing

ALA_5295 Mongolia Delegation's Day 2020 By Fr. Andrew Nguyen Trung Tin, SDB. Darkhan, Mongolia, Sunday 5 January 2020 -- On the Feast of Epiphany, the Salesian family in Mongolia gathered together in Ulaanbaatar for the Salesian family day....
    Date2020.01.16 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views779 file
    Read More
  9. 5553(I)_EAO region Salesian family together on the 2nd day of World Spirituality Days

Unity - Faith - Hope: EAO Salesian Family Key Words in 2021 By Mr. Niel Evangelista, GEX Don Bosco Past Pupil EAO Region, 17 January 2021 -- On the second day of 2021 Salesian Family Spirituality Days more than a thousand EAO members met ag...
    Date2021.01.19 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views779 file
    Read More
  10. 5915(III)_This Christmas we keep Myanmar in our hearts and prayers

By our own correspondent EAO Region, 22 December 2022 -- God our Loving Father, You are the Good Father who always listens to the cries of your suffering children. As you listened to the cries of your children Israelites under Pharaoh, list...
    Date2022.12.22 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views779 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 548 Next
/ 548