PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5389

20200528_GIA.jpg

Youthful Prayers shared on the Feasts of St Dominic Savio 

and St Mary Help of Christians

By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB

Tokyo, Japan, 28 May 2020 -- The SYM (Salesian Youth Movement) Japan proposed and implemented two online activities during the epidemic of the new coronavirus infection (the COVID-19). One is a Novena on Instagram Live for the Feast of St Dominic Savio (From 27th April to 5th May), and the other is the Holy Rosary Live on the YouTube for the Feast of St Mary Help of Christians (From 19th to 23rd May).

The SYM Japan was officially launched on the occasion of the Bicentenary of Don Bosco in 2015. As of 2020, the secretariat is composed of 9 youth staff (consisting of past pupils and church youths) and 2 accompanying priests (Fr Shinjiro Urata, SDB and Fr Shin Mishima, SDB). Their goal is for the Salesian young people in Japan to connect and share the spirit of Don Bosco beyond the boundaries of various groups such as schools and parishes.

The secretariat holds a meeting about once a month, and regularly holds “the SYM gathering” (sports, masses, meals, etc.) for the Salesian youth. Their large events such as this pilgrimage in the night of spring, domestic and overseas pilgrimages in the summer, and year-end meditations have also been held. In 2018, a large-scale gathering was held to welcome our Rector Major Fr Ángel Fernández Artime, SDB, who came to Japan, and many young people and students from all over the country participated.

However, due to the COVID-19 this year, there was no public mass in the church, and their normal activity prospects have remained uncertain. So, the youth staff proposed using online tools to provide the spiritual support for the young, and the Novena to St Dominic Savio and the Prayer for St Mary Help of Christians were realized. They were able to offer a quiet and good prayer time while introducing the SYM and the pilgrimages that have been conducted so far.

I would like to share the impressions and reflections of the SYM youth staff who planned and carried out these two online shows.

Ms. Kaho Tazawa

“By participating in these two online prayers, I realized that it is God's wish to pray and love for others.

I once again felt how great the healing from God that came when I prayed without myself.

And by connecting with others remotely, I became strongly aware that I should pray firmly, and I think I was able to pray closer to God.”

Ms. Naho Miyajima

“Through these two prayer opportunities, we were able to meet God beyond the space.

If it was a normal situation, we might not have performed LIVE. Now I can only stay home, but I find these restrictions the source of something new.

I realized that God always calls us ‘do what you can’, and if we do so, he will surely guide us in the right direction.

At first, I was worried that no one would come to see us, but I was happy to hear that it was a really good time, with dozens of people watching it every day. There were also viewers from overseas.

Just as Newton got the idea of the law of gravitation, when the plague spread and the college was off, we were also able to find a new way to pray and share time in this COVID-19 crisis.

I am grateful that we have had the time to pray with many people, even in a remote place.”

20200528_GIA1.jpg

20200528_GIA2.jpg

20200528_GIA3.jpg

20200528_GIA4.jpg

20200528_GIA5.jpg

20200528_GIA6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6141_Celebrating the young through film

DBGYFF Films inspires reflection. By: Lucy Napitalai and Fr. Ambrose Pereira SDB Port Moresby, PNG 16 October 2023 -- Paradise Cinema in Port Moresby, Saturday, October 14, 2023, had over two hundred people for the screening of the short fi...
    Date2023.10.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views518 file
    Read More
  2. 5816(IV)_Vietnam: Ordination Mass of Deacons and Priests

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 30 May 2022 -- At 8:00 a.m. on May 28, 2022, at Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Church, Linh Xuan, Thu Duc, Bishop Dominic Nguyen Van Manh, Bishop of the Diocese Da Lat ordained a number of priests...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views519 file
    Read More
  3. 6025_Welcome Home Saint John Bosco!

Don Bosco’s Relic Visit in Brunswick By Afia Enosa SDB Brunswick (Melbourne), Victoria, Australia, 3 August 2023 -- The Salesian Community in Brunswick welcomed the Relic of Don Bosco that is embedded in a life-sized wax statue as par...
    Date2023.08.03 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views519 file
    Read More
  4. 4360_Brunswick New Playground Blessing

At the Primary School of St Margaret Mary’s Brunswick By By Fr. Anthony Quang, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 26 April 2017 -- Today 26th April 2017 the weather of Melbourne is four seasons a day, but luckily at 3.15 PM the Sun comes out and shi...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views520 file
    Read More
  5. 5813(IV)_MHC Image in the Philippines granted Pontifical Coronation

By Mr. Andrew Chanco Photos courtesy of the Social Communication of the Diocese of Parañaque National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, the Philippines, 24 May 2022 --The century-year-old and venerated image of Mary Help of Christia...
    Date2022.05.26 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views520 file
    Read More
  6. 6120_100 Years of the Salesian presence in Australia and the Pacific

By Afia Enosa SDB Melbourne, Australia, 5 October 2023 -- The Centenary Retreat was part of the Celebration of 100 Years of the Salesian presence in Australia and the Pacific and it was a truly special moment, bringing together sixty-seven ...
    Date2023.10.05 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views520 file
    Read More
  7. 6170_Imploring Our Blessed Mother for Peace

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Sabama, Port Moresby, PNG, 2 November 2023 -- Over 60 parishioners from Mary Help of Christians, Sabama, braved the rain, the distraction of the games and the noise of the people around the church to pray the Mis...
    Date2023.11.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views520 file
    Read More
  8. 5307(V)_Rector Major's Message to Young People 2020

ALA_5307 From Valdocco, 31 January By Fr. Ángel F. Artime My dear young people, dear boys and girls from all over our beautiful Salesian world. My greeting today is, first of all, for you. Naturally, I extend my affection to all my Salesian...
    Date2020.02.01 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views521 file
    Read More
  9. 5415(I)_Formation in TLS: for teachers in technical schools and training centres

ALA_5415 By Fr. Manny Pinto,SDB Dili – Comoro, Timor Leste, 3-5 July 2020 -- In the beginning of the month of July the government of Timor Leste declared the end of lockdown (State of Emergency). The country is now free to reactivate almos...
    Date2020.07.07 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views521 file
    Read More
  10. 5503(I)_38th ADMA National Convention, Philippines

ALA_5503 By MARIA JUNIFER L. MALIGLIG National Vice-President ADMA Philippines Paranaque City, Philippines, 31 October 2020 -- The Association of Mary Help of Christians – Philippines celebrated its 38th National Convention on 31 October 2...
    Date2020.11.08 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views521 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 548 Next
/ 548