Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #3010

A reader asks a question - of all of us
ROME: 6 February 2012 -- A reader, who also happens to be a Delegate for Social Communications in another Region, asks the following question:

"I would like to know how others may be working to:
-  create Salesian social media 
- that prompt youth reflection, authentic questioning, prayer and sharing, 
as suggested by Pope Benedict in his 2012 World Communication Day message when he stated: 
Attention should be paid to the various types of websites, applications and social networks which can help people today to find time for reflection and authentic questioning, as well as making space for silence and occasions for prayer, meditation or sharing of the word of God. 

I would also like to know how these initiatives are being animated in other provinces.  - What department is taking the lead role? 
(Social Communications, Youth Ministry or Mission Animation?)
- How are departments working together to make it happen?   
- How are youth being engaged in the production of content relevant to their peers?
"

That is a direct set of questions and they deserve a response, in fact more thane response. Such responses really need to come from anyone who has an idea, has tinkered in this area or is fully involved in it. I might add that these questions, or similar ones, seem to be coming from various quarters these days. Clearly they are deserving of answers.

Some other excerpts from the same reader's letter could be helpful to give the questions context:

The need to attend to this development is something I feel passionate about, partly because over recent years I have experienced the benefits of such a site for my own growth, though coming from another spiritual tradition, the Irish Jesuits: www.sacredspace.ie. AND  because of my hope for evangelizing youth by means of the space where they may more readily encounter the gospel on a daily basis: the internet.  In this space I believe we can accompany youth and particularly young people  who have moved on to universities and out of contact with their first Salesian home/oratory.  The project of which I speak was conceived by young adults imagining what an online oratory might look like (utilizing the Salesian website linked as well as FB and other social media channels).  Admittedly such an online experience would have its limits, but would also encourage youth to enter more personal face to face encounters with their local Salesian or Catholic faith communities. 

The process for creating such a spiritual space was really the heart of my question.... Thus I sent you my question to see what input you might give on how such initiatives have been structured for creation in other parts of the Salesian world. ...Part of my department's line of action this past year has been to tap youth talents as a starting point for production.

Anybody, from our Region or beyond, feel able to respond even in some small way?

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
3010 Pac. 2008_Savai'i ordination rounds off a run of five in Australia-Pacific 309
3009 CIN 2476_Amidst typhoons, earthquakes..... the Lord still smiles 309
3008 AUL 2871_Ordinations within the Region in the lead-up to Pentecost 309
3007 India 0475_CALCUTTA STUDENTS KEEP THEIR CITY CLEAN 310
3006 World 1148_SIP: Not a new province, but 'Come over to Macedonia' and try it out! 310
3005 India 1166_Long-time missionary in East Timor gains Masters in Theology 310
3004 RMG 2111_Regionals slotting into place 310
3003 World 2279_The Lord is weaving this web! 310
3002 Pac. 2437_A new code-breaking thriller by DB 310
3001 EAO 3241_Initial Proclamation, East Asia 310
3000 0280_Missing 311
2999 ITM 0841_ITM Vice-Provincial Chapter: Opened by a Salesian bishop and concluded by the regional superior. 311
2998 World 1279_Courageous Bishops in PNG and Oceania speak up 311
2997 GIA 1344_Tokyo Salesio Gakuen (Social work institution) Korea visit 311
2996 World 1516_Richard the lion-heated lawyer defends his thesis 311
2995 RMG 2094_Chapter ramblings 311
2994 RMG 1046_RM's 'centenary' swing: from Guadalajara to all-India 312
2993 India 1140_Maharashtra Social Forum attracts 60,000 312
2992 Cambodia 2657_New Classrooms blessed: Don Bosco School, Andaung Chenh Village 312
2991 RMG 0549_FR. LUC OUT OF HOSPITAL 313
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 177 Next
/ 177