PrevTrước Bài viết

NextTiếp Bài viết

Larger Font Smaller Font Lên Xuống Go comment In trang File đã Upload
Đã xem 1164 Bình luận 0

20170420_PGS.jpg

Salesian Cooperators in Solomon Islands

By Fr. Srimal Priyanga, SDB
PGS Viceprovince ASC Delegate

Honiara, Solomon Islands, 20 April 2017 -- I'm happy to share with you, that two years after the first historical visit of the Rector Major to Solomon Islands we have already two Salesian Cooperators in Formation. Fr. Angel handed over to the SDB Rector on May 4, 2015 the Project of Apostolic Life (PAL) with the wishes to start the formation of the first generation of Salesian Cooperators in our country. The Salesian arrived to Solomon Islands in 1995.

At the moment we have two cooperators having their formation.

We are following the ASC World Council materials: 36 monthly lessons adapted in 2000 by our present provincial Fr. Alfred Maravilla. It consists of 36 lessons and at the time of Fr. Dominic Kachira he finished around 10 lessons. Hope they will be ready within a couple of months time for their Promise.

Md. Camari Bainivalu was our former Don Bosco Technical School Principal, she was with us for 6 years as principal in Henderson - Honiara. So she is familiar with our setting. Instead Md. Bernadette Paranapua is currently working with our FMA sisters and she is the one who is looking after the girls.

I would love to have some more formation materials, so that we will be able to make use of them with our new members.

At the moment I have volunteered myself to take up the responsibility to accompany our first Salesian Cooperators and their formation for both the communities - Tetere and Henderson (SI).

I have already talked to Fr. Albert Lenon (Tetere community) about it and now waiting to give me the names of their first candidates. Former Salesian Brother Francis Tanaka will be part of that group, which we will start within a short time.

I already wrote a letter to all of them and waiting for their response. Hopefully next Wednesday we will be able to start with our new group of 9 candidates for the Salesian Cooperators vocation.

Đính kèm

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Dung lượng tối đa : 0MB (Chỉ được phép đính kèm những File có đuôi được liệt kê trong danh sách. : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4510(II)_'Educating to fraternal humanism'

Building a civilization of love, 50 years after Populorum progressio: guidelines for Catholic educational institutions from the Holy See By Our Own Correspondent Vatican -- On September 25th, the Vatican Congregation for Catholic Education ...
    Date2017.10.01 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1145 file
    Read More
  2. 4960(II)_Merry Christmas

EAO Christmas greeting By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 25 December 2018 -- Dear AustraLasia - Boscolink Family, Merry Christmas, and heartfelt wishes for this Feast to all Salesian confreres, Salesian Family members and friends of Don Bosco! ...
    Date2018.12.25 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1145 file
    Read More
  3. 5280(II)_Received and Shared Joy of Christmas

ALA_5280 Christmas Fair for Poor Children at Salesian Theologate, Vietnam By Br. Pham Hong Phuoc, SDB Blessed Philip Rinaldi Theologate, Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam, 21 December 2019 – On Saturday, 21 December 2019, the Salesians of the Blessed P...
    Date2019.12.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1145 file
    Read More
  4. 5445(III)_Three first professions and two special funerals - Slovakiaand, and Interview with new Salesian Brother Michal Zak (Slovakia)

ALA_5445 By our own correspondent Bratislava, Slovakia, 14 august 2020 -- Among the 30 SDB provinces in Europe, Slovakia is probably the only one that still operates its own novitiate in Poprad (in some years with Czech or other East Europ...
    Date2020.08.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1145 file
    Read More
  5. 5674_Charitable Activities of Salesian Communities in Vietnam during Covid times

By SC VIE Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 18 August 2021 -- The Covid pandemic crisis in Vietnam is increasing more and more seriously over the last two months. So far, there are 283,696 infected cases and 6,141 deaths because of Covid virus in ...
    Date2021.08.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1145 file
    Read More
  6. 4139(I)_From Myanmar to South Sudan

Report of the first Salesian missionary from Myanmar By Cl. Francisco Biu, SDB Nairobi, Keyna, 21 September 2016 -- Please, pray for South Sudan! The civil war which broke out in 2013 (South Sudan - Juba) still continues until today. And it...
    Date2016.09.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1146 file
    Read More
  7. 4331_“I am ready to give up everything for God”

New PGS Provincial Superior installed during Holy Mass7 By Ms. Arlene Abital Photographs by Ms. Arlene Abital and Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 19 March 2017 -- Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) Vice-province has been ...
    Date2017.03.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1146 file
    Read More
  8. 4562(I)_"I felt more attraction to live at the same level with the youth and lay people"

Interview with the youngest Salesian Brother in the EAO region By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 24 November 2017 -- Brother Tsubaki with his 22 years of age is probably the youngest Salesian Brother in the EAO region, member of the To...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1146 file
    Read More
  9. 4842(I)_Life-long commitment to the technical education for the benefit of the poor youth

Brother Mario Bois receives 28th Ilga Award By Fr. Raphael Lee, SDB Seoul, Korea, 1 September 2018 -- In the Grace Hall of Mil-Al School (Seoul, ROK), together with other two Awardee, Salesian Brother Mario Bois, SDB was awarded a prestigou...
    Date2018.09.06 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1146 file
    Read More
  10. 4110(I)_Aspirants Honor Mary with an Academy

Making Know Don Bosco through the drama By Fr. Fidel Orendain Lawaan Talisay City, the Philippines, 15 August 2015 -- In celebration of the Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven, the Community of the Don Bosco Formation Center – L...
    Date2016.08.22 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1147 file
    Read More
Danh sách
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 549 Next
/ 549