austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1911 Comment 0
20150127_KOR.jpg

Four priests, one deacon were ordained. Ordaining prelate was Bishop Cho Kiuman (Basilio).

By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB

Seoul, Korea, 27 January 2015 -- 23rd January vigil of the feast of our patron, St. Francis de Sales. Four new priests and one deacon were ordained at the Seoul Provincial House by Bishop Cho Kiuman (Basilio), auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Seoul. Seventy Salesians and other priests, families of the ordinandi and youths from various Salesian settings, FMA,SCG, Salesian family groups and parishioners numbering 2,000 attended the event.

The new priests are Frs.: Matthias Kang, Matthew Moon, Callistus Kim, and Leo Beon. The new deacon is Rev. Cyril Shim. Fr. Matthias Kang is a younger brother of Fr. Benedict Kang.

In his homily Bischop Cho congratulated Salesians for the gift of four new priests to the church, for their ministry in proclaiming the Word of God, and for giving a good example of Christ, poor and humble like Francis de Sales. He praised them for living the Salesian mission of being the signs and bearers of God’s love for the young. What matters is you’re a good priest whether you play good football or you sing well. “A good priest is one who prays, teaches people to pray and puts into practice what he prayed”, he stressed.

In his response Fr. Matthew Moon expressed his gratitude to his parents, brothers and young people who have accompanied them in their vocation journey. He asked everyone to pray for them in their mission to bring the joy of the gospel to the young especially the poorest.

Fr. Provincial, Fr. Stephen Yang in his address thanked the parents and families of the ordained for generously donating their sons to spread God’s Kingdom. He considered it as a grace from God as we celebrate the 200th birth anniversary of Don Bosco. To the Salesian confreres for accompanying them with great affection in their growth as Salesians. To the Lord for sending examples of confreres, willing to work for the young especially the poor.

Early morning of January 23 five novices made their first profession for one year as sons of Don Bosco. They are Bros.: Stephen Kim, Michael Kim, Savio Kim, Jeong Marco, and Rafael Choi.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4573(III)_"I will miss this beautiful country and culture of Samoa!"

The Cagliero Project: Sharing of one year missionary volunteer experience in Samoa By Ms. Stefanie Azzopardi Alafua, Samoa, 4 December 2017 -- In February 2017 I arrived in Samoa excited to spend my year volunteering at Divine Mercy School,...
    Date2017.12.05 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1917 file
    Read More
  2. 4738(IV)_"Yet I live no longer but Christ lives in me."

Ordination of 3 Salesians from FIS By FIS SC Team Cebu, the Philippines, 24 May 2018 -- On the feast of Our Lady, Help of Christians, the Salesians of the Philippines South Province (FIS) celebrated the ordination to the Sacred Order of Pre...
    Date2018.05.27 CategoryFIS Reply1 Views1911 file
    Read More
  3. 3531_Ordinations and Professions in Korea Province

Four priests, one deacon were ordained. Ordaining prelate was Bishop Cho Kiuman (Basilio). By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea, 27 January 2015 -- 23rd January vigil of the feast of our patron, St. Francis de Sales. Four new priests and o...
    Date2015.02.03 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1911 file
    Read More
  4. 4759(II)_Mediation - Meditation - Meditation!

Seminar on Salesian way of meditation - Rome 2018! By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 12 June 2018 -- Fr. Ivo Coelho, the General Councilor for Formation convoked last May 2018 an international group of nine Salesians from four continents to dee...
    Date2018.06.15 CategoryRMG Reply2 Views1910 file
    Read More
  5. 5791(II)_THA: Annual Spiritual Retreat 2022

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 5 April 2022 -- The Salesian Confreres of Thailand, Cambodia and Laos held their annual spiritual retreat from 20-26 March 2022 [1st batch] and from 27 March - 2 April 2022 [2nd batch] under the theme "Darkness ...
    Date2022.04.07 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1904 file
    Read More
  6. 4744(I)_#MayForever: Five Clerics Make their Perpetual Profession

By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 31 May 2018 -- Forever blooms in May. Five clerics residing in the house of formation for the Salesian students of theology in Philippines made their perpetual profession of vows in...
    Date2018.06.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1900 file
    Read More
  7. 3851(II)_Feast of the Holy Family - Family visit

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB Brno - Zidenice, Czech Republic, December 27,2015 - It was a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the Holy Family Feast in my hometown of Brno (Czech Republic) with my mother (Maria, 82 years) who is already confine...
    Date2015.12.28 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views1900 file
    Read More
  8. 3756_Flood report n. 4

Report n. 4 on the flood relief activities by the Myanmar Salesians of Don Bosco in the area of Chin State and Mandalay Division. By Fr. Peter Myo Khin, SDB Yangon - Mandalay, Myanmar We began with the Rescue program. As soon as the flood d...
    Date2015.10.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1900 file
    Read More
  9. 3715(I)_Make known Don Bosco in Sydney

By Fr. Shane Reade, SDB Our Don Bosco Bi-centenary celebrations at Sydney, St Marys were very successful and fun weekend event. Celebrations commenced on the Saturday night (August 15) at Penrith local community centre were over 280 people ...
    Date2015.08.21 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1899 file
    Read More
  10. 3705_Discovering the Salesian Family in EAO (1): MICHAELITES – Pacific Vice Province

By Fr. John Walenciej, SDB Sydney, Australia - Apart of the SDB among the 30 groups of the Salesian family there is only one clerical congregation of religious – the ‘Michaelites’ (CSMA). They became an official group of the SF after the be...
    Date2015.08.12 Reply0 Views1899 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 546 Next
/ 546