?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1039 Comment 0

20160511_CIN.jpg

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB

Lungi, Sierra Leone, 11 May 2016 - "Ow de body?" ("How are you?" in Krio, local language in Sierra Leone) After few months in Ghana (AustraLasia 3770: ) China province 'missionary practical trainee' Anthony, finally reached the originally decided destination of Sierra Leone, Lungi community.

"How time flies! I have been here in Lungi already one month. I want to say that I have experienced a deep joy from the bottom of my heart and I have received so much graces from God every day here in this beautiful land. I am staying with other six Salesians in the community (1 USA Priest [Rector], 1 Belorussian Priest [Economer], 2 Sierra Leonean Priests, 1 Sierra Leonean' Practical Trainee and 1 Nigerian' Practical Trainee).

The confreres are so busy on the daily pastoral services, but all of us make great efforts on throw ourselves into the community life, we try the best not to miss any occasions of prayers, meals, community meeting or outing. We are willingly to share and listen to one another, any moments we gather together are truly full of joy, and I realize that this joy is different from the happiness with family and friends, but solely exists in Salesian community. I feel so blessed and thankful for being with my confreres in this community.

We have many beautiful works with thousands of young people - schools, parish, youth center and Salesian Aspirantate. Because of the Muslim background, the Catholic church is not very strong. Fortunately, both religions are peaceful coexistence, they show a high respect to one another. It is really help to strengthen mutual communications and relationships.

One day, my confrere shared with me that it was quite difficult to implement Don Bosco Preventive system here in Sierra Leone, because of the religion and cultures. Nonetheless I was glad to hear what he said. In spite of these difficulties and challenges, God sends Salesians to help the young people. If everything is good, God does not need us to do His works. We are ready to meet any difficulties and challenges delightfully , because we are sure that God is always us to accompany and guide us to do His Will. Liked what our founder Don Bosco did, we entrust ourselves entirely to Jesus and Mamma Mary, keep them in close relationship, nothing cannot be done. Be faithful! Be humble! Be Generous! Be Joyful!

I am so glad to be here, I pray to God everyday for imploring Him to strengthen my faith so that I can be His useless instrument to proclaim His good news to the young people. I hope that through the guidance of my good teacher Mamma Mary I can grow to be a humble missionary, a Holy Salesian.

Please continue to pray for me. Surely, I will do the same for you and the EAO Region. Have a fruitful Marian Month. In Don Bosco, In Mary Help of Christians, Cl. Po Tak, Anthony

20160511_CIN1.jpg

20160511_CIN2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4009_Planting trees at St. Vincent de Paul parish

Salesian Missions in Gumbo, South Sudan By Fr David Tulimelli, SDB Gumbo, South Sudan, 19 May 2016 -- Yesterday and Today, we the school children of Don Bosco Primary (IDP children) have planted more than 815 trees. It was a great joy to se...
    Date2016.05.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1031 file
    Read More
  2. 5702(I)_Don Bosco Tam Hai, VIE: Online Catechetical Activities

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 02 October 2021 -- In order to adapt to the difficult situation due to the epidemic, the Catechism Department of Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish (ThuDuc, Ho Chi Minh City) took the initiative to ...
    Date2021.10.03 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1031 file
    Read More
  3. 4269_ "I came to get the Road Map"

An interview with THA new provincial: Starting with a deep sense of suppport and communion By Our Own Correspondent Generalate, 28 January 2017 -- Among the 13 newly appointed provincials during this winter plenary session of the general co...
    Date2017.01.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1032 file
    Read More
  4. 4379(II)_Growing in human formation and Salesian spirituality

Araimiri Parish - Living the periphery of PGN By Sr. Marivel Monteveros, FMA Deputy Principal DBSTC Port Moresby, PNG, 6 May 2017 -- The Deputy Principals of Don Bosco schools and colleges of the vice-province of PNG/SI gathered at the Emma...
    Date2017.05.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1033 file
    Read More
  5. 5319(I)_VIDES Japan welcomes guest FMA from Rome

ALA_5319 Empathy is more than sympathy By Makoto Yamada Tokyo, 17 February 2020 -- We as VIDES JAPAN have welcomed Sr. Annecie from Rome and have introduced our activities to her at a seminar. She has enjoyed her stay in Japan and returned ...
    Date2020.02.18 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1033 file
    Read More
  6. 5615(III)_Interview with the new provincial of Vietnam-Mongolia

Vietnam-Mongolia, 21 May 2021 -- Five months after their appointment by the Rector Major, two new provincials will be installed in a few days time: on 24 May in Cebu-Philippines, Fr Fidel Orendain (FIS province: Philippines South - Pakistan...
    Date2021.05.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1033 file
    Read More
  7. 4619(I)_A real Holy Land for the Salesian Family

Echo of the first Salesian Family Spirituality Days at Valdocco By Our Own Correspondent Turin, Italy, 21 January 2018 -- The 36th Salesian Family Spirituality Days held for the first time at Valdocco, made a history, for the number of non ...
    Date2018.01.23 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1034 file
    Read More
  8. 5213_Closure of the diocesan inquiry process of Fr. Andrej Majcen

Cause of Beatification and Canonization of Fr. Andrej Majcen, Servant of God By Fr. Alojzij Snoj, SDB Vice-postulator of the Cause Rakovnik - Ljubljana, Slovenia, 28 September 2019 -- Friday 27 September, the Salesian Family of Slovenia wit...
    Date2019.09.29 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1034 file
    Read More
  9. 6035_Sacred Heart Novitiate Community Visit FMA in Minglanilla for their Institute Day

By Pre-novice Matthew Espino Photo credit: Fr. Adrian Mendoza, SDB Cebu, Philippines, 10 August 2023 -- August 5, 2023, Saturday, was the one hundred and fifty-first-anniversary celebration of the Institute Day of the Daughters of Mary Help...
    Date2023.08.10 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1034 file
    Read More
  10. 4487_Don Bosco Technological Institute wins the best short film

International Short Film Festival in Papua New Guinea By Ms. Arlene Abital Photographs by Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 2 September 2017 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko (DBTI) won for the best video ‘Humanity lost ...
    Date2017.09.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1035 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 545 Next
/ 545