austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

Kerwin-Valeroso.jpg

By Br. Kerwin Valeroso

Br. Kerwin P. Valeroso, a 35-year-old Salesian Brother from Pura, Tarlac, Philippines is going to the new Circumscription of North Africa (CNA). “Once I saw the pictures of the first three missionary expeditions of Salesians. Thinking about the places where they reached, the works they built, the hearts they have touched, and the souls they have saved, I felt that this was my vocation. I am grateful to my formators, mentors, and friends who co-journeyed with me to purify and strengthen my missionary vocation.”

“I am grateful to my family, confreres and friends who made me feel their support, prayers, and well wishes as I embark to respond to my missionary vocation. I do not hide that I have mixed feeling of joy and fear in going to North Africa whose language, culture, or people I do not know yet. I have no knowledge of Islam either. However, my main task now is to learn well this year the French language. I have to say that our confreres in Paris, France have made me really felt welcomed. I am also grateful to my Province of origin (FIN) that despite the multitude of work in the apostolate, has generously encouraged me to offer myself for the missionary works of our Congregation.”

“I greatly appreciate the Orientation Course, particularly the spiritual journey to the places connected with the birth of our charism”, he pointed out. “It was a living experience of salesianity !”

Kerwin Valeroso.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5487(III)_Vietnam Province: The Admission of the First Candidate of Con Don Bosco (CDB)

ALA_5487 By Br. Pham hong Phuoc, SDB Vietnam, 19 October 2020 -- At 5:30 a.m. on Saturday 17 October, Fr. Joseph Quang, the provincial of the Vietnam province presided at the mass in the chapel of the Rinaldi Theologate community and chair...
    Date2020.10.19 CategoryVIE Reply1 Views664 file
    Read More
  2. 4527(I)_One Oratory Year Feast in Comoro

By Cl. Filipe Cardoso, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 15 October 2017 -- The SDB community of Blessed Philip Rinaldi Post-novitiate and the young animators of the oratories held an Oratory feast. It was made in a gym of Don Bosco, Comoro. More than...
    Date2017.10.22 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views664 file
    Read More
  3. 4473(II)_Raising the missionary awareness of the Salesians

Annual meeting of the PDMA 2017: New missionary delegates with new enthusiasm - Men on fire! By Our Own Correspondent Sam Phran, Thailand, 19 August 2017 -- Since 2015 (Seoul, Korea) is held every year the annual regional meeting of the EAO...
    Date2017.08.20 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views664 file
    Read More
  4. 5669(II)_Rise up! Stay positive amidst COVID-19

International Short Film Festival 2021 By Mary McCarthy pbvm and Jessica Oata Port Moresby, PNG 10 August 2021 -- The International Short Film Festival (ISFF21) staged on 7 August 2021 at the Paradise Theatre, Vision City, was a truly amazi...
    Date2021.08.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  5. 5659_Youth Leaders undergo Formation Training

By Christine Maden Rabaul, East New Britain, Papua New Guinea, 28 July 2021 -- Thirty-two youth leaders of the Mary Help of Christians (MHC) Parish, Rapolo, attended an intense one-day formation training at the Haus Sekan Retreat Center, Ra...
    Date2021.07.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  6. 5466(III)_The fast changing face of Thai Valdocco - DB Bangkok

ALA_5466 By Francis Wichai Srisura Don Bosco Technological College, Bangkok - Thailand, 11 September 2020 -- Since 1949, the Don Bosco Technological College (previously Technical School) in Bangkok, where the Rector is Fr Joseph Manachai, ...
    Date2020.09.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  7. 5140(II)_1M4M - Chance to Connect to the Word of God

By Mr. Matt Humpreys Engadine Youth Ministry Engadine (Sydney), Australia, 14 July 2019 -- 'I am writing to share with you an online ministry. I thought you might like to share this with others something that is coming from a lay Salesian i...
    Date2019.07.15 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  8. 4986(I)_Salesian Contemplation in Ordinary Life

The life of an FCMN (Nazarene) By Our Own Correspondent Colle Don Bosco, Italy, 20 January 2019 -- Interview with Maria P. FCMN (Fraternidad Contemplativa Maria de Nazareth) N.B. There are three consecrated members at Colle, journeying in t...
    Date2019.01.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  9. 4235(II)_Good Christmas gift - History of Don Bosco Friends 1888-1965

The perception of St John Bosco outside the Salesian Works' between 1888 and 1965 By Fr. Stanislaw Zimniak, SDB RMG, 26 December 2016 -- As good Christmas gift for Salesian history readers the Acts of the DB200 Salesian History Congress Act...
    Date2016.12.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  10. 4061_Provincial for the new PGS Vice-Province installed

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 10 July 2016 -- Fr Peter Baquero SDB, first superior of the new Vice-Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) was installed at a solemn Eucharistic celebration in the Shrine of Mar...
    Date2016.07.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 548 Next
/ 548