?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 647 Comment 0

20211026_PGS2-(1).jpg

By Fr Robinson Parappilly, SDB

Tetere, Solomon Islands, 25 October 2021 -- Over a hundred dads from Christ the King Parish Tetere came together on 23-24 October 2021 for a faith formation and re-evangelisation in the rural Catholic community of Suaghi with the theme of this year’s World Mission Day – “We cannot but speak about what we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:20).

This follows the message given by Pope Francis "…the Lord summons each of us to “own” and to bring to others what we bear in our hearts. This mission has always been the hallmark of the Church, for “she exists to evangelize.” “We were created for a fulfilment that can only be found in love” (Fratelli Tutti, 68).

A well planned and executed program helped and inspired the ‘Papas’ to create new initiatives and to shape and transform communities of men and women who, by learning to accept their own frailty and that of others, promote fraternity and social friendship (Fratelli Tutti, 67). The ecclesial community of Suaghi felt the loving predilection of the Lord, the fraternity of belongingness and brotherhood and to be in a state of mission.

After the welcome by the Vice Chairman of the Papas group, Mr. John Manangelea, one of the Catholic leaders took over giving the first talk on Family Life and Importance of Christian family. He said married life has its foundation in Christ and the Word of God and a family that prays together stays together. Explaining the book of Genesis and letter of Paul to the Ephesians, he explained the importance of responding to God's vocation as married couples.

“We see the world going through a crisis of gay and lesbian marriages. That is not God's plan. We disobey the plan of God if we get into these kinds of modern false practices”, he stated.

Speaking to the mothers who were present was Mrs. Manangelea, who stressed on the need to be a true companion and support. She said their daily encouragement and response to duties, strengthened their husbands in the family. “We work in the family generously because we love our family. We maintain a clean environment in and around the family. We always walk the extra mile because of our love for our children”, she said.

The day concluded with the movie “Fireproof” and a meal of grilled fish and pork with singing and praising God till midnight.

On the second day, the Mission Sunday was celebrated by Parish Priest Fr. Robinson Parappilly sdb. A well animated liturgy sponsored by the youth was very cultural and meaningful.

In his homily Fr. Robinson reflected on the importance of mission work for the life of the Church. It was a reminder that families were one with the Church and had the commitment of carrying on the mission of Christ, however difficult the situations may be.

“The greatest missionary challenge that we face at home is a secular and consumerist culture in which God is not important, moral values are shattered. Our children and young people need good role models to be good Christians”, he told the Papas.

He went on to share the story of Bartimaeus and urged the participants to also seek the love, mercy, and goodness of Jesus with trusting faith. “Sometimes our fears, anger, and habitual sins prevent us from approaching God in prayer. At times, we even become angry with God when He seems slow in answering our prayers. In these desperate moments, let us approach Jesus as Bartimaeus did and listen carefully to Jesus asking, “What do you want me to do for you?” and tell Him all our heart’s intentions and needs”, he added.

A well-prepared catechetical instruction on the Apostle and Nicene Creed by Fr Robinson, then followed. Some of the Anglican brothers also joined in for the instructions. There was also testimony and sharing.

Mr. Peter from Talaura community shared, “The month of the Holy Rosary has brought the statue of Mother Mary into our homes and this gathering of Papas in the community has changed my life. I want to come back to Jesus. I was a drunkard and now I am trying to change. Jesus came for us sinners. I am happy to be part of faith formation. Let the spirit of God continue to prepare us for eternal life".

"We are living at a stage where children disobey parents, not respecting and lots of evil practices happening in our communities. It is one of the steps we are taking to amend our life and correct certain evil practices to bring peace and harmony to our families”, commented Mr. James from Suaghi.

At the end of the day a fraternal meal was shared by all and the Christian community.

The program was an initiative of the Catholic Papas to go to villages and build up ecclesial families and bring back the lost sheep to the fold.

20211026_PGS2-(2).jpg

20211026_PGS2-(3).jpg

20211026_PGS2-(4).jpg

20211026_PGS2-(5).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4216_The great pleasure of the Korean Salesian Family

The Promise of 8 new Salesian Cooperators By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Daejeon, Korea -- On November 27th, the first Sunday of Advent, like every year, is a very meaningful occasion for every Salesian Cooperators of Korea. All the 30 Centers of...
    Date2016.11.28 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views654 file
    Read More
  2. 5929(V)_Provincial Chapter in TLS

Comoro, Dili, East- Timor, 18 January 2023 -- The Salesians in the Vice-Province of St. Callistus Caravario have just celebrated their second Provincial Chapter (PC) from 09-14 January, 2023 that was held in the Audio Visual Room (AVR) of D...
    Date2023.01.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  3. 5910(I)_'As Yeast for the Human Family' - towards the 3rd online SF Spirituality Days

EAO Region, 15 December 2022 -- Within a month we will be meeting again for the third online edition of the Salesian Family Spirituality Days [SFSD], next 12-15 January 2023. The Salesian Family world level is held in Valdocco (Turin-Italy)...
    Date2022.12.15 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views653 file
    Read More
  4. 5896(I)_Red Wednesday 2022: Christians Persecuted and Forgotten?

19 November 2022 -- Many Christians around the world celebrate a November Wednesday (this year on 16 or 23 November) as 'Red Wednesday' or even 'Red Week' to remember the blood and gift of today's martyrs to the Church. ...
    Date2022.11.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  5. 5882(I)_Colors of Joy

Young people celebrate Wantok Bosco in Solomon Islands By Fr. Robinson Parappilly, SDB Tetere, Solomon Islands, 19 October 2022 -- Young people of Solomon Islands celebrated Colors of Joy through Wantok Bosco celebrations with the theme ...
    Date2022.10.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  6. 5566_Gathering the wisdom of the 2021 SF Spirituality Days (VDB)

By Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) Secular Institute Seoul, South Korea, 8 February 2021 -- Among the EAO participants of the SF Spirituality Days 2021 (online) was also a good representation of VDB members among the 15 different groups of 11...
    Date2021.02.08 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  7. 5532(I)_First CDB Professions in Asia: Philippines

ALA_5532 By CDB Group Philippines Manila, Philippines, 13 December 2020 -- On the special Salesian Family Feast, Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of Mary (8 December 2020) the first two members of the CDB secular institute made their...
    Date2020.12.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  8. 4449(I)_Kiwi Bosco 2017

By Fr Aleki Piula, SDB Auckland, New Zealand, 8 July 2017 -- The history of the Don Bosco Youth of St Paul’s Massey & Ranui, and St Mary’s Avondale Youth started in a dream where a man said: “You will have to win these friends of yours ...
    Date2017.07.26 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  9. 4359(I)_90 Years old Italo-Argentian missionary in Japan

Fr. Josph Di Prinzio, SDB passed away By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Kyushu, Japan, 24 April 2017 -- 22nd of April at 4 PM was called to the House of the Father Salesian Priest Joseph Di Prinzio, Italo-Argentinian missionary in Japan at the a...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  10. 5765(VII)_Korean Salesian Brother spreading the culture of respect for life

Seoul, Provincial House, 22 January 2022 -- At present there are more than 10 Salesian confreres in the 107 SDB Korean province of the Korean Martyrs (Headquarters in Seoul) who are well trained in counselling of the young people. At the sa...
    Date2022.01.21 CategoryKOR Reply1 Views652 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 549 Next
/ 549