?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1300 Comment 0

20150831_AUL.jpg

By Fr. Bernie Graham, SDB

Melbourne, Australia - The annual Formation Gathering (Quinquennium) for the young Salesians in the Australia-Pacific Province was held from 28 – 31 August in Melbourne. Eight Salesians who are early in their Salesian ministry were present – three priests, two deacons and three brothers, representing three provinces (AUL, KOR and THA – Cambodia) and six nationalities (Australia, Samoa, Tonga, Vietnam, India and Korea). The presence of Fr V Klement, our EAO Regional Councillor for part of the program added to this truly international and interprovincial gathering.

The Program was planned and coordinated by Fr Phil Gleeson, Delegate for Formation. It was divided into two main sections. Mr Chris Morris, a lecturer in Spirituality, lead four sessions on Mindfulness, Contemplation and the Interior Life during which he provided insights and techniques that allowed all to deepen the ‘contemplative’ element of our Salesian vocation. In the second part of the program Fr Bernie Graham lead three sessions on Salesian Youth Ministry during which he began to unpack the Salesian Youth Ministry: Frame of Reference document and share its content and challenges, thus focusing on the ‘in action’ component of our Vocation.

Fr Vaclav Klement and Fr Greg Chamber, AUL Provincial also attended part of the program and each celebrated the Eucharist with the group. Fr Klement also led a session and Fr P Gleeson coordinated the final session which focused on some of the emerging issues facing young Salesians in their ministry. Three of the participants gave the Good Nights, reflecting on their particular ministerial and life experience.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5622(I)_Pastoral Ministry of the Italians in Thailand

By THA SC Bangkok. Thailand, 1 June 2021 -- On 29 May 2021, Archbishop Paul Tschang In-Nam, the Apostolic Nuncio of Thailand, granted the honour of receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation to 8 Italian youth at the chapel of the Daughters of...
    Date2021.06.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1291 file
    Read More
  2. 4267(II)_I'm not 'Half' but 'Double'

Salesio Gakuin students won the first prize for essay: Yokohama Japanese Language Award (Asahi Newspaper) By Fr. Daniel Torigoe, SDB Yokohama, Japan, 26 January 2017 -- Kei Garita, a first year student of Salesio Gakuin - Salesian High Scho...
    Date2017.01.27 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1292 file
    Read More
  3. 4884(I)_Youth Ministry Delegate and his Commission - CIN province model

Interview with Fr Antonio Leung, Youth Ministry Delegate CIN By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong, 17 October 2018 -- Fr Antonio Leung is the Youth Ministry Delegate of China Province, based in Hong Kong. He replies as the second EAO YM deleg...
    Date2018.10.17 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views1293 file
    Read More
  4. 5015_Mark Nguyen Duc Huynh, SDB has gone to the Salesian garden

By Fr. Peter Vu Anh Tuan, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 18 February 2019 -- One of the first generation Salesians of Vietnam, Fr Marco Hyunh, passed away on 18 February 2019 at 6 a.m. He had spent the last 42 years in the Ben Cat community...
    Date2019.02.19 CategoryVIE Reply2 Views1293 file
    Read More
  5. 5613(VI)_Don't lose hope... keep the faith!

Pope Francis to Myanmar Catholics By our own correspondent Vatican, 19 May 2021 -- On 16 May 2021 Pope Francis decide to celebrate the Sunday Eucharist in the Vatican Basilica of St. Peter with the Burmese community in Rome for the sufferin...
    Date2021.05.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1293 file
    Read More
  6. 5893(II)_SYM Thailand Camp 2022: ‘You have to give the best to Jesus’

By Thailand SYM Team Banpong, Bangkok, Thailamd, 14 November 2022 -- On November 8 and 11, 2022, Thai Province's Youth Ministry organized a youth gathering event called "SYM Day Camp." This event occurred at St. Dominic School Bangkok o...
    Date2022.11.15 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1294 file
    Read More
  7. 4383(I)_Animation as Light sharing

Myanmar Viceprovince By Our Own Correspondent Anisakan, Myanmar, 17 May 2017 -- Almost all 38 perpetually professed Salesians of MYM Vice-province of Mary Help of Christians gathered in the newly transferred provincial house from Yangon to ...
    Date2017.05.18 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1295 file
    Read More
  8. 4778_Care, Promotion, Understanding of Salesian Brother Vocation

Interview with Bro. John Thanad By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 3 July 2018 -- My life model is Saint Joseph: What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother? God has called me to be a Salesian Brother of Don Bosco. I am confident tha...
    Date2018.07.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1295 file
    Read More
  9. 6228_MYM: Psycho-spirituality Course

By Fr. Edward Sein Myit, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 13 December 2023 -- The three-day course on Psycho-spirituality (December 9 to 11), was organised by the MYM Formation Commission for all the perpetually professed confreres in the vice-provin...
    Date2023.12.13 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1295 file
    Read More
  10. 4725(IV)_"I will give you a teacher"

Global Novena to Mary Help of Christians 2018 (2) By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 13 May 2018 -- Every year the Novena to Mary Help of Christians starts on 15th of May, the first videos are available in English on ANS Youtube channel. The Glo...
    Date2018.05.13 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1296 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 548 Next
/ 548