PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 933 Comment 0

20190720_WOR.jpg

Interview with Cl. Paul Warayut Chareonphoom (THA),
Theology student at Ratisbonne

By Our Own Correspondent

Ratisbonne, Jerusalem, 19 July 2019 -- What does it mean to grow in the Salesian vocation at walking distance from the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem?

How lucky I am to have the opportunity to study, live and pray in the land of our Master! I feel that I am blessed to live in Ratisbonne. This is an advantage of living in the Holy sites and also it is a precious meaning for our life and source of our energy.

This place brings us closer to God by study, meditation and gives us a chance to pray in the original places that Our Lord Jesus Christ lived, prayed and taught. Furthermore, We can take a brief walk and arrive at the Holy Sepulchre to see the empty tomb. Physically, Jesus is not here, however from here he becomes the fountain of our faith and energy for our vocation. Whenever I am exhausted and weak, I am discouraged, then immediately I just walk there and put it all in Jesus’ tomb. Then I walk back with a refreshed heart. At the same time I give thanks for this beautiful vocation.

Here, the thousands of pilgrims always move my heart because from them I have seen the power of love and faith in Jesus and Mary. That inspires me a lot to set my heart on going and spending time with Our Master.

How do you feel in the large multi-cultural community of Ratisbonne?

Life in Ratisbonne Monastery is full of wonderful experiences and lessons. During my first year I met Salesian confreres from almost from every continent. A variety of enthusiastic experiences of Salesian lives is brought here and shared, included our tradition and culture. Therefore my experience is part of the multi-cultural community. I feel that helps me a lot to be open and to change my mind and respect different thinking and culture. I have learnt that if you want to grow further, you need more listening and less ego, but dare to speak when it is necessary. Moreover, sharing our formation helps me to get to know different aspects of looking at and practising formation. This is an opportunity to form ourselves.

I appreciate that most of us have tried to be open and to accept each as we are and learn from one another. I find here that there is always a willing and helping hand, encouraging and accompanying others. Besides, here there are good spiritual guides and holy confessors.

On the other hand, living in a multi-cultural community also has some challenges. As soon as you are far away from you country “food” is always a main issue to face, especially from Asia where food has more tastes - so chilli is our salvation here! The weather is another challenge for us during the winter, when we face a freezing cold which is completely different from out home countries. Our community liturgies are much more solemn and lively. And the last challenge - how to find someone that we can trust and with whom we can be open, and be honest with ourselves, our culture and personal maturity. At the end of the day I consider that if we are sincere to ourselves, we will not get lost.

How many EAO Salesians will be members of your community next school year?

This coming academic year 2019-2020 (September-June) our region will have 6 Salesian students: one Filipino missionary (MOR - Middle East province) in 4th year, two Vietnamese (VIE) with one Thai (THA) in the 2nd year) and two newcomers from Papua New Guinea (PGS). We wish to be more connected with our EAO region and experience more solidarity. And finally we dream that we can be accompanied by your prayer and that in the coming year we will have more and more confreres from our EAO region. (NB The deadline to register new students for the next academic year is before Christmas!)

20190720_WOR1.jpg

20190720_WOR2.jpg

20190720_WOR3.jpg

20190720_WOR4.jpg

20190720_WOR5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5162(II)_Wonderful… excellent … committed … joyful … respectful …wow!

Peer to Peer Exchange: Eastern Africa - Philippines 2019 By Harambee Link AFE Province (Nairobi) Cebu, the Philippines, 8 August 2019 -- These were some of the emotions expressed by the 12 delegates who have come from Tanzania (AFE province...
    Date2019.08.08 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views924 file
    Read More
  2. 5709(II)_The Preventive System of Don Bosco

The Don Bosco Educational System of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands By Isabella Saleu PNG/SI, 12 October 2021 -- Ever since the establishment of the first Don Bosco School in Papua New Guinea 42 years ago and 25 years ago for Solomon I...
    Date2021.10.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views924 file
    Read More
  3. 4121(IV)_Animation visit of Fr. Ivo Coelho (Gen. Councilor for Formation)

By Fr. Lino Belo, SDB ITM, Delegate for Indonesia Jakarta, Indonesia, 2 September 2016 -- Between September 1 and 9, Fr. Ivo Coelho, General Councilor for Formation and his team members Fr Silvio Roggia are on the animation visit to Indones...
    Date2016.09.03 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views925 file
    Read More
  4. 4439_Migrant Oratory in Hong Kong is vibrant also in summer

South Asia Migrant Oratory in Tung Chung By Fr. Dolphie Sequeira, SDB Hong Kong, 17 July 2017 -- Our Teenagers at Tung Chung are involved in various activities every week also in summer. We are interested to give them more opportunities for...
    Date2017.07.18 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views925 file
    Read More
  5. 5059(II)_Salute to youth, the torchbearers of our hope

Contribution to the year of the youth 2019 By World and Life Publications Manila, the Philippines, 8 April 2019 -- As we proceed in the nine-year preparation for the celebration of the 500th Anniversary of the arrival of Christianity in the...
    Date2019.04.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views925 file
    Read More
  6. 5263(I)_From A to Z and S inbetween

ALA_5263 Cagliero Project Volunteer: Australia, Zambia, Samoa By Lauren Hichaaba Delegate for Mission Animation Director of The Cagliero Project Melbourne, Australia, 30 November 2019 -- Ellen Hogbin is a unique volunteer within the Caglier...
    Date2019.11.30 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views925 file
    Read More
  7. 5327(III)_Celebration of Salesian Protomartyrs at Valdocco with the Rector Major

ALA_5327 By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 26 February 2020 -- On 25 February 2020, during the second week of the General Chapter, the annual celebration of this Feast day was graced by the presence of the Rector Major, Fr Angel F. ...
    Date2020.02.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views925 file
    Read More
  8. 5589(I)_Spiritual Nourishment for all Those in Catholic Media

By Michael Gartland Melbourne, Australia, 26 March 2021 -- At the behest of the Australasian Catholic Press Association, Fr Frank Freeman SDB, Editor of the Australian Salesian Bulletin has spent the past 15 years investigating the extensiv...
    Date2021.03.28 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views925 file
    Read More
  9. 4044(II)_Qualification of the EAO Salesians is going on

By Our Own Correspondent UPS-Rome, Italy, 23 June 2016 -- During last week three of the EAO post-graduate students at the UPS (Salesian Pontifical University) in Rome did successfully conclude their MA degree studies. Fr. Felix Wee (KOR) ea...
    Date2016.06.24 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  10. 4129_Joyful Witnessing to Jesus

By Our Own Correspondent Nakatsu, Japan, 11 September 2016 -- As the ageing population of Japan (84 years of life expectancy), also the Catholic parish communities are composed of more elderly faithful. Also today's parish feast shows the c...
    Date2016.09.11 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 549 Next
/ 549