Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160724_WOR.jpg

Brief Reflection about the “Salesian Brother” – General Council session

By Bro. Jean Paul Muller, SDB
Economer General

General House in Rome, 21 July 2016 -- During the summer session 2016 of the General Council was presented a short reflection about the Salesian Brother, based also on the present statistics of the Congregation. In the rich discussion does shine a brief and passionate input from the only Salesian Brother in the General Council:

I’m happy with the rich reflection offered about the ‘Salesian Brother’ by the Formation Sector and i’m reflecting especially on the 3rd section about the ‘Lay character’, suggesting two topics to be re-think in my opinion.

First - I’m happy with considering the sound reflection of Don Viganò. From this departure point would be adequate to explain better what does it mean the ‘Lay Religious’ today, when we translate the Gospel into the life style and this specific vocation offers answer to many secular themes and values, to the challenges and needs of the world today, especially to the young. I see that your reflection consideres also the mutual – bidimensional - relationship between the Salesian Brother and the Lay (Mission Partners). This relationship makes it very important for the present and future development of our mission and works.

Second – In my own view about the vocation situation within our Congregation, we need to point out more the figure of the Salesian Brother as the model for the youth of today. The Salesian Brother is like a ‘Salesian YouCat’ (know, share , meet, express) of today. It does mean he is the real expression of the catechism, put into practice in all daily actions. Hence he is a living actor of the Gospel and of Salesian ethic and moral values (prophecy of lay dimension).

When we think about the Salesian Brother, it comes to my mind a parable or metaphor of water: The Salesian Brother is like water, with its capacity to expand, to reduce in order to be infiltrated in any structure and space. In this way the Salesian Brother can enter any youth reality or youth space without any pre-conditions. In this way the Brother can also raise up spiritualy of these ‘difficult’ spaces in which he works, bringing there hope and salvation.

Yes, Salesian Brother is a figure able to offer an ongoing input for the renewal and improvement of the Congregation and of the Church.

Also Salesian Brother is like a bridge between the secular and religious reality, because from his own role raise the possibility to embrace the diversity of our present world without any bias about any current issues. To be a Salesian Brother should move us in different ways – to a community builder through fraternity, to be a sign of cooperation in the spiritual dynamics and also in the daily work.

20160724_WOR1.jpg

20160724_WOR2.jpg

20160724_WOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4079(III)_The Salesian Brother is like a ‘Salesian YouCat’ for today

Brief Reflection about the “Salesian Brother” – General Council session By Bro. Jean Paul Muller, SDB Economer General General House in Rome, 21 July 2016 -- During the summer session 2016 of the General Council was presented a short reflec...
    Date2016.07.24 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1919 file
    Read More
  2. 4073(II)_Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth

The 31st Salesian Family Group By the Secretariat of the Salesian Family General House in Rome, 19 July 2016 -- The Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth, founded in Uruguay became the 31st group of the Salesian Family large tree. Th...
    Date2016.07.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views722 file
    Read More
  3. 4069_Exploring the Religious Life Today

A new book by Riccardo Benotti, Journalist, Past Pupil of UPS-Rome By Our Own Correspondent Libreria Editrice Vaticana (LEV) 2016 -- The inner landscape of the present religious life is coming public through the 14 encounters - interviews w...
    Date2016.07.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views660 file
    Read More
  4. 4068(II)_Forever with Don Bosco giving his life for the Shuar people

Amazon forest, perpetual profession of Viet missionary By Our Own Correspondent Yaupi, Ecuador, 13 July 2016 -- Four years after arrival to Ecuador, Vietnamese Salesian Missionary Cl. Peter VUONG made his perpetual profession amidst 'his pe...
    Date2016.07.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views683 file
    Read More
  5. 4064_IUS Seventh General Assembly 2016

Five members from the EAO Region By Fr. Ariel Macatangay, PGS Viceprovince First Coordinator IUS-EAO General House in Rome, 9 july 2016 -- Representatives of more than 40 Salesian Institutions of Higher Education (IUS) from 21 countries gat...
    Date2016.07.13 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1855 file
    Read More
  6. 4055_New Salesian Missionary Bishop

Fr. Roberto Bergamaschi, Apostolic Vicariate of AWASA (Ethiopia) By Our Own Correspondent Vatican, 29 june 2016 -- Pope Francis appointed Fr. Roberto Bergamaschi, SDB as Vicar Apostolic of the Apostolic Vicariate of Awasa in Ethiopia and at...
    Date2016.07.03 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1027 file
    Read More
  7. 4054_Journey together (3) - SDB & FMA General Councils

SDB & FMA General Council spiritual retreat 2016 By Fr Vaclav Klement, SDB Santa Fosca, Italy, 2 July 2016 -- “Misericordes Sicut Pater” (Merciful as the Father) was the main theme of the joint spiritual retreat of both General councils...
    Date2016.07.03 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views937 file
    Read More
  8. 4048_Thanksgiving around the Rector Major - June 24

By Fr Vaclav Klement, SDB General House, Rome, 23 June 2016 -- On the Feast-day of Don Bosco, Nativity of St. John the Baptist (June 24) is traditionally celebrated a thanksgiving day of our Rector Major. After the GC27 it became a family g...
    Date2016.06.27 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views742 file
    Read More
  9. 4040_A special Good Night Talk in Salesianum

A new enthusiasm of Don Bosco Past Pupils By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Italy, 19 June 2016 -- The newly elected World Council of the Don Bosco Past Pupils held its first annual meeting last week (June 14-19) in the Salesianum, Rome. The W...
    Date2016.06.21 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views4477 file
    Read More
  10. 4030(II)_A Vast Field Awaiting the Salesians

Ministry to Children of Migrants By Fr Alfred Maravilla, SDB Rome, Italy, 15 June 2016 -- When I was sent to Rome for my Doctorate studies in 2007 I was invited to minister to Filipino migrants in the Parish of Santissimo Redentore at Val M...
    Date2016.06.15 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views930 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 57 Next
/ 57